8 hours 15 minutes (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
The North York Moors National Park and Whitby make ideal day trips from bustling York, but organizing your itinerary and travel arrangements independently can be time-consuming. On this private tour, reach both sites with ease from your York hotel. Discover top attractions including 7th-century Whitby Abbey, and see the best of England’s beautiful northern countryside in a comfortable maximum group size of 15.
- Explore both the North York Moors National Park and Whitby in one day
- Discover top attractions including 7th-century Whitby Abbey
- Relaxing tour with a maximum group size of 15 people
- Hassle-free round-trip transport from your York hotel
Saved to wishlist!
Private tour just for your group
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Comfortable air-conditioned vehicles
Driver/guide provides live commentary
Regular photo/refreshment/toilet stops
Entrance fees to optional attractions
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up and drop off is from your hotel or another location of your choice in York.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Children under 4 years can be accepted on private tours, on the condition that the customer brings a suitable Child Car Seat with them
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Some visitor attractions close between November - March. During this period, if weather/road conditions are adverse, the tour may have to follow a different route/itinerary
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Service animals are allowed by prior arrangement only
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY BOBH - Day Tours of Yorkshire
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Tour - Whitby and The North York Moors Day Trip from York?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Tour - Whitby and The North York Moors Day Trip from York?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Tour - Whitby and The North York Moors Day Trip from York?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Tour - Whitby and The North York Moors Day Trip from York?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingYorkBus Tours - YorkshireHistorical Tours - YorkshireFull-day Tours - YorkshireBus Tours - MiddlesbroughHistorical Tours - MiddlesbroughFull-day Tours - MiddlesbroughBus Tours - ManchesterHistorical Tours - ManchesterFull-day Tours - ManchesterCategory
York DungeonBarley HallMerchant Adventurers' HallYork Castle MuseumYork BreweryFairfax HouseClifford's TowerYorkshire MuseumNorth Yorkshire Moors RailwayYork Army MuseumMansion HouseNational Railway MuseumTreasurer's HouseGoddards House and GardenYorkshire Museum of FarmingYork Cold War BunkerYork MazeHenry VII Experience at Micklegate BarJorvik Viking CentreBeningbrough Hall