3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Experience the place where Valpolicella wines have been artfully made for centuries on this half-day, guided winery tour and visit the hamlet of San Giorgio di Valpolicella. Sample four Italian wines paired with bread and cheese and hear about the local harvesting and wine-making history and processes from a local sommelier. Learn about the countryside and enjoy a walk in the hamlet streets.
- Wine tasting tour at the Armone winery with cheese and meats included
- Learn about wines made for centuries in the Valpolicella Classica region
- Sommelier guide to accompany you through the hamlet and tasting
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by air conditioned minivan
Local English speaking tour leader and sommelier at your disposal
Visit at the hamlet of San Giorgio di Valpolicella
Visit and wine tasting session (at least four wines with bread, cheese and/or salami)
Pick up at the hotel
Departure & Return
Corso Castelvecchio, 3a, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
At Pagus Store.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please notice
- the tour leader, in respect of all the guests, will wait for you in case of late maximum for 15 minutes.
- We want you to spend a lovely day with no distress so, please, in booking our tours, inform us if you have limited mobility (in some old cellars there are stairs); or if you have any intolerance or allergy about food/wine (some tours are including appetizers in the cellar or lunch in local Restaurant)
- We ask you to inform us if you have any appointment after the tour (if you booked a train ticket, an opera show in Arena or a reservation for a restaurant), so we can do our best to respect the schedule.
- In the cellar the temperature is constant 15 Celsius degrees (59 Fahrenheit), so we suggest to take with you a sweater or a jacket; if it will be possible we will try to show you the vineyards, so it’s recommended to wear sneakers or comfortable shoes.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- OPERATED BY Pagus Wine Tours®
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Pagus Wine Tours® - A taste of Valpolicella - Half day wine tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Pagus Wine Tours® - A taste of Valpolicella - Half day wine tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Pagus Wine Tours® - A taste of Valpolicella - Half day wine tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "One caveat: We had to walk up hill to the church and if someone has trouble walking, it would not be easy." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Pagus Wine Tours® - A taste of Valpolicella - Half day wine tour
3 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursBus ToursWine TastingsHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeTours & SightseeingVeronaFood Tours - VenetoBus Tours - VenetoWine Tastings - VenetoHistorical Tours - VenetoHalf-day Tours - VenetoFood Tours - VicenzaBus Tours - VicenzaWine Tastings - VicenzaHistorical Tours - VicenzaHalf-day Tours - VicenzaFood Tours - PaduaBus Tours - PaduaWine Tastings - PaduaHistorical Tours - PaduaHalf-day Tours - PaduaCategory
Gran Guardia Palace (Palazzo della Gran Guardia)Verona ArenaVerona Duomo (Cattedrale di Santa Maria Matricolare)Porta BorsariPonte PietraNicolis MuseumSoaveCastelvecchio Bridge (Ponte Scaligero)Piazza dei Signori (Piazza Dante)Achille Forti Modern Art Gallery (Galleria d'Arte Moderna Achille Forti)Verona Historic Center (Verona Centro Storico) Piazza delle ErbePorta PalioMovieland ParkCastelvecchio Museum (Museo di Castelvecchio)Roman Theater and Archaeological MuseumScaliger Tombs (Arche Scaligere)Basilica di Sant’Anastasia