Explore our promoted experiences
- 1.5-hour 'Romeo and Juliet' walking tour of Verona
- Explore the city that helped inspire Shakespeare's romantic tragedy
- Imagine visions of young love at Juliet's House and Balcony
- Hear legends of feuding families at the Scala tombs
- Visit ancient Roman, Gothic, and Renaissance landmarks with a guide
- Great overview and introduction to Verona's intriguing history
Departure & Return
Address: Piazza Brà, Verona, Italy Directions: Meeting point in Piazza Brà under the equestrian statue of King Vittorio Emanuele Dates: Daily
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Let your imagination run wild with visions of young love and secret trysts at Juliet’s House, a historic home featuring a much-visited balcony and statue of the doomed protagonist (though any Shakespearean connections here are dubious). Continue on to Herbs Square, lined by a bustling local market and stately palaces. Learn the history behind landmarks including Lamberti Tower, the Madonna Verona fountain, and the medieval Domus Mercatorum, one-time home of the city’s merchant guild.
See evidence of Verona's multilayered past at Signori Square, where Roman, Romanesque, Gothic, Renaissance, and modern architecture converge in a fascinating urban landscape. Finally, wind through quiet courtyards and backstreets to reach the tombs of the Scala family, a ruling clan of the 13th and 14th centuries whose scandals and power struggles are reminiscent of the tangled family feuds in Romeo and Juliet.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Curioseety SRLS
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience