- Uluru (Ayers Rock) camel tours
- Enjoy fabulous views of Uluru and Kata Tjuta from the back of your camel
- Meet a camel expert and get to know central Australia’s famous camels
- Choose a camel ride at sunrise or sunset, or an Uluru express ride in the morning or afternoon
- Includes pickup and drop-off from the Ayers Rock Resort hotels
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Learn about your one-humped, dromedary travel companions, brought to Australia in the 19th century, and contemplate how the outback pioneers traveled across regions of Australia. Now estimated to number 200,000 in the wild, these tame camels are well-trained to provide a comfortable ride.
Choose from sunrise, sunset, or express camel tours. Watch the desert come to life at dawn or dusk. If you’re short on time, take a morning or afternoon express camel ride for a taste of central Australia’s traditional transport. Finish with drop off at your hotel.
Sunrise Camel Ride: Take in the cool morning and watch the rising sun light up Uluru and the surrounding plains as you cross the desert on a peaceful camel ride through stunning sand dune country. After the ride, enjoy billy tea and freshly baked beer bread (damper) with quandong jam (outback native fruit).
Sunset Camel Ride: Set out at dusk for a camel ride and marvel at the deepening hues as the sun sets behind the desert plains, sharpening the monolithic outlines of Uluru and Kata Tjuta. Return to the camel farm at twilight to enjoy sparkling wine, beer or soft drinks with snacks.
Morning or Afternoon Camel Express: For a shorter camel ride, cross the desert on a quicker "express" camel trip including views of Uluru, Kata Tjuta, and the outback landscape. Then visit the camel museum to learn more about the important role of camels in the Australian outback.
Note: the afternoon express ride is seasonal and only operates from April to October.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Passengers weighing 220 pounds (100 kg) or over MUST advise their weight at time of booking
- Children aged 5 and under are NOT permitted on this tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Passengers mobile phone number
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Uluru Camel Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.