- Travel in comfortable air-conditioned 4WD vehicle from Ayers Rock Resort
- Marvel as the Kata Tjuta rock domes change color during sunrise
- Enjoy an outback picnic breakfast including freshly brewed coffee and tea
- Learn about the history and geology of the 36 red rock domes and the park itself
Departure & Return
What To Expect
When you arrive at Kata Tjuta, your guide takes you on a short walk to the best area to watch the sunrise. Top off this magnificent experience by traveling to the western side of Kata Tjuta and enjoying a delicious outback-style picnic breakfast including freshly brewed coffee and tea. Soak in the ambiance of one of the Earth’s most amazing natural monuments as you spend time in this extraordinary setting.
Continue on to the sheer rock passageways of Walpa Gorge after breakfast. There, learn from your guide how the 36 domes of Kata Tjuta and the surrounding rock formations were shaped into their present form. Also, hear about the spiritual significance of this sacred region to the local Aboriginal people.
At the end of your Walpa Gorge walk your guide returns you to your Ayers Rock Resort hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Maximum group size - 11 participants
- Please advise of any particular dietary requirements at the time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- OPERATED BY SEIT Outback Australia
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms