- 2-day Ayers Rock sunrise and sunset combo including optional upgrades
- Witness a magical sunset and sunrise at the iconic Ayers Rock (Uluru)
- See Aboriginal rock paintings at the Mutitjulu Waterhole and marvel at the red-rock domes of The Olgas (Kata Tjuta)
- Upgrade to include a traditional Australian BBQ dinner and/or a day-trip to Kings Canyon, designed for active travelers
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Following pickup from Ayers Rock Resort at 2:30pm or 3pm, depending on the season, you’ll make the short journey to Uluru and take a panoramic tour of the rock’s base. Your guide provides commentary that details Aboriginal culture and the sacred significance of Ayers Rock.
Then, continue to Kuniya Walk, where you’ll observe Aboriginal rock paintings and snap photographs of the scenic Mutitjulu Waterhole. Pay a visit to the Uluru-Kata Tjuta Cultural Center and enter the Tjukurpa Tunnel, full of Aboriginal artefacts designed to enhance your understanding of the culture.
Before sunset begins to paint the sky with a fiery spectrum of color, make your way to a sunset viewing area to watch the sky surrounding Ayers Rock (Uluru) ignite, while enjoying a glass of wine and nibbles.
Upgrade: Australian Barbecue Dinner
Following the sunset, you’ll travel to an exclusive barbecue site in the heart of Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, set amid red sand dunes and desert oaks. Feast on grilled meat and healthy salads accompanied by a glass of wine, beer, or orange juice, and followed by tea, coffee, and dessert.
Sated, you’ll take a leisurely stargazing tour and listen to Aboriginal legends and folktales, before drop-off at Ayers Rock Resort.
Ayers Rock (Uluru) Sunrise, The Olgas (Kata Tjuta), and Walpa Gorge Tour (6 hours)
Rise early for pickup from Ayers Rock Resort at 4am and travel straight to the sunrise observation area at Ayers Rock (Uluru). Watch the deep red hue of the rock reveal itself beneath the initial rays of the sun as you refresh with warming tea, coffee, or hot chocolate.
Then, proceed to The Olgas (Kata Tjuta) — 36 domed, red rocks of great cultural and spiritual significance among Aboriginal people — and marvel at the natural wonder. See, too, Walpa Gorge, home to walking trails replete with stunning lookout points, on a leisurely stroll before drop-off back at Ayers Rock Resort.
Upgrade: Day-Trip to Kings Canyon
If you’re an active traveler and want to make the most of Uluru’s stunning natural landscapes, add a day-trip to Kings Canyon onto your Ayers Rock itinerary.
Following morning pickup from Ayers Rock Resort, you’ll stop for breakfast at Kings Creek before embarking on a rewarding hike of the canyon, characterized by its red sandstone walls and lush pockets of vegetation.
Absorb stunning views of Watarrka National Park, descend to a green oasis known as the ‘Garden of Eden,’ and trek along the rim of the canyon. Your tour concludes with drop-off at Ayers Rock Resort.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If booking the Aussie Barbecue Dinner upgrade, this must be done in combination with the Uluru Base & Sunset tour.
- The Kings Canyon optional tour is a full day trip, and will be automatically booked for the day after your Ayers Rock touring is completed. Should you wish to book this on alternative day, please contact the local operator to amend your booking
- Day 1
- Afternoon – Uluru Base & Sunset
- Departure time: 1430 (Apr-Oct) & 1500 (Nov-Mar)
- Flights to arrive prior to 1330
- Return time: 30 minutes after sunset
- Departure time: 1.5 hours prior to sunrise
- Return time: 1100 - 1130
- Flights to depart: 12:30pm (Oct-Mar) & 1:00pm (Apr-Sep)
- Return time: 2.5 hours after sunset
- Departure time: 0445 (Apr-Sep) & 0400 (Oct-Mar)
- Return time: 1730 (Apr-Sep) & 1700 (Oct-Mar)
- No flights to arrive or depart on this day of touring
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY AAT Kings
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands