- 7-hour Uluru tour with Aboriginal guide, from Ayers Rock Resort
- Travel off-road through private indigenous-owned land with an Aboriginal guide
- See historical sites and learn about local Aboriginal history
- Hear about plants and animals that formed the basis for survival in Australia's Red Centre
- Includes afternoon tea, light drinks and snacks at sunset, transportation, and guide
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Meet your Aboriginal guide at the Cultural Centre in the park, then depart from the national park onto Aboriginal land known as Patji. Explore the desert with your guide on an off-road drive that visits rock waterholes and the site where the original Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park gates once stood. Hear stories of life for the local Anangu (Aboriginal) people before Europeans arrived and up to the present day.
Stop at a custom built shelter for afternoon tea around the campfire and hear about the fight for Aboriginal land rights around Uluru. Learn about the flora and fauna of the region, and how the Uluru family has survived for thousands of years in this extraordinary environment.
In the late afternoon, follow remote bush tracks to a private sand dune with unobstructed views of Uluru and Kata Tjuta. Stop for light snacks and drinks while watching the sky and rock monuments light up with the colors of the sunset.
After sunset, return to the Cultural Centre where you say farewell to your Aboriginal host. Your guide then drives you back to your Ayers Rock hotel to end your tour.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Maximum 10 participants
- Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park tickets are NOT required for this tour
- Please wear covered shoes, full brimmed hat and bring sunscreen
- Please bring bottled water
- Please advise any particular dietary requirements at the time of booking
- Tour not suitable for infants under 5 years of age
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY SEIT Outback Australia
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms