9 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Nature enthusiasts in Tulum may not realize that this area of the Yucatán Peninsula is actually a hub for whale sharks, making it a go-to destination for viewing these majestic creatures. With this full-day adventure from Tulum, join your guide on a whale shark tour to see these docile animals, and hop in the water to swim with sharks in their natural habitat. After your swim, soak up the sun and refuel with an onboard lunch, included in the tour.
- Swim alongside whale sharks on a guided nature boat tour, from Tulum
- Cruise the waters around Isla Mujeres and Contoy, to find the whale sharks
- Enjoy a personal experience on a small-group adventure, capped at 15 guests
- Get a great value with a fresh ceviche lunch, and snorkel gear, included
Saved to wishlist!
Use of Snorkeling equipment
Boat of 30 feet
Pick up from meeting point in Tulum
Light lunch (ceviche)
Pick up from your hotel in Tulum
Whale shark marine and bosphere tax 13 usd per person
Neoprene suit (for rent)
Departure & Return
Tulum, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods.
6/1/2021 - 9/15/2021
|Wednesday:||04:30 AM - 05:00 AM|
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The size of boat 30 feets
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not recommended for children aged 9 and under
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Trip To Mexico
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Whale Sharks tour in Tulum: Small-Group?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Whale Sharks tour in Tulum: Small-Group?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Whale Sharks tour in Tulum: Small-Group?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Whale Sharks tour in Tulum: Small-Group?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Still Have Questions?
Explore Similar Things to Do
Nature and WildlifeSnorkelingWhale WatchingWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingTulumNature and Wildlife - Riviera Maya & the YucatanSnorkeling - Riviera Maya & the YucatanWhale Watching - Riviera Maya & the YucatanNature and Wildlife - Playa del CarmenSnorkeling - Playa del CarmenWhale Watching - Playa del CarmenNature and Wildlife - CozumelSnorkeling - CozumelWhale Watching - CozumelCategory