Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Tour 3 of the Loire Valley's most impressive chateaux
- Skip-the-line entrance to each chateau
- Wine tasting is included
- Enjoy the intimate experience of a small-group tour
- Pickup and drop-off in Tours, France
Departure & Return
Tourist office of the city of Tours
What To Expect
Arrive at Chenonceau, where your group with get skip-the-line access and embark on a tour of the chateau's stunning architecture. Stroll through the Renaissance-style gardens surrounding the castle and learn about its history and relationship to famous women such as Catherine de Medici.
Descend into a cellar cave, dating from 1874, to have a guided tasting of mature Vouvray wines before continuing to a local restaurant for a traditional French meal.
Enjoy priority, skip-the-line access to the Royal Castle of Amboise, an example of the transition of Gothic to Renaissance architecture. Learn the history of the castle on your guided tour, and stop by to see the grave of Leonardo da Vinci in the chapel.
The day's final tour is at the Chateau of the Clos Lucé, where da Vinci spent the final years of his life. See models of some of his genius machines in the invention room. Depart the last chateau and head back to Tours for evening drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note, the tour departs from the city of Tours. If you are not staying in Tours, you will have to book and pay for your own transport to get there, this is not included in the tour. The tour departs from the local tourist office (address given on voucher)
- Operated by a multi-lingual guide (up to 2 languages spoken in a group)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Guaranteed departure
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY FRANCE INTENSE
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized