Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Coach tour to the castles of Azay-le-Rideau, Rivau, and Villandry
- Explore the Loire Valley’s history and heritage with a guide
- Admire the region’s Renaissance architecture
- Enjoy panoramic views over the Loire River
- Sample locally made wines at a Loire Valley wine estate
- Tour includes round-trip travel from central Tours
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Continue on to a family-run wine estate and sample some of the Bourgueil wines in production. Then the lunch is at your leisure.
In the afternoon, stop at the 16th-century Château de Villandry — famous for its beautifully tended herb and vegetable gardens. Here, admire the bold Renaissance architecture you find and enjoy sweeping views along the banks of the Loire River.
Stroll along pathways lined with ancient linden trees, and discover the scents and colors for which the gardens are famous. Afterwards, return to your original departure point to conclude your tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note, the tour departs from the city of Tours. If you are not staying in Tours, you will have to book and pay for your own transport to get there, this is not included in the tour. The tour departs from the local tourist office (address given on voucher).
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operated by a multi-lingual guide (up to 2 languages spoken in a group)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Guaranteed departure
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY FRANCE INTENSE
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
See all safety measures taken by Day tour of Chateaux of Azay le Rideau Langeais Villandry, organic wine tasting.