Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Private tour of the Mauritshuis Museum in The Hague, with an Art Historian guide
- Admire the Royal Cabinet of Paintings, including iconic paintings such as Vermeer's Girl with a Pearl Earring
- Learn more about Dutch art and the Golden Age from an expert art historian guide
- Explore The Hague’s Old Town and admire the modern City Hall
- Enjoy an optional visit to the Hague Historical Museum or the Gemeentemuseum
- Private tour ensures a personalised experience
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Accompanied by your guide, an experienced art historian, you’ll gain a greater insight into the 17th- and 18th-century works; learn about the unique painting styles of masters like Vermeer and Rembrandt; and see iconic works like ‘Girl with the Pearl Earring’ by Vermeer, ‘The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp’ by Rembrandt, and ‘The Goldfinch’ by Fabritius.
After around an hour inside the museum, set out to explore the Old town of The Hague. Follow your guide around the historic landmarks; take a peek at the modern City Hall, the masterpiece of US architect Richard Meier; then stop for a coffee (own expense) at one of the cafés around the lively Het Plein square.
Finally, choose to visit another one of The Hague’s museums (entrance fees not included) with your guide. Perhaps tour the nearby Hague Historical Museum, discover the De Stijl art movement at the Gemeentemuseum, or visit one of the smaller museums such as the Escher graphic art museum or the Bredius Dutch art museum.
After a guided visit of the museum of your choice, your tour ends at the Central Railway Station.
Please note: a visit to the Gemeentemuseum requires a taxi ride or a tram ride (your own expense).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The Gemeentemuseum requires a taxi trip
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Private Art Tours, Amsterdam / Lichaam & Ziel
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Private Guided Tour of Mauritshuis Museum from the Hague with Art Historian.