- Food walking tour of The Hague
- Learn about The Hague’s history and delicious gastronomy from a local guide
- Enjoy several food stops in beloved local bakeries, cafes, shops and pubs
- Taste a scrumptious savory or sweet dish or drink at each stop and discover its history
- Experience the fun, cozy atmosphere the Dutch call ‘gezelligheid,’ as you taste, walk and talk
- Get insider tips on eateries and local foods from a knowledgeable guide
- Small-group tour limited to 10 people for a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Delve into the pretty streets and squares, and walk by some of The Hague’s landmarks as you work your way to the different food stops. See the Noordeinde Palace and Binnenhof, the courtyard surrounded by parliamentary buildings; and pass a few tucked-away gems, giving you an insight into the city’s historical diversity.
As you walk, hear fun tales about Dutch culture and gastronomy, and visit some thriving food spots to sample their wares. Call at aromatic bakeries, cafes, food shops and quaint pubs, many artisanal in nature; each of them chosen for the quality of its offerings.
At each stop, run your palate by a delicious savory snack, sweet treat or drink. Hear about its history from your guide, and chat to the proprietors to discover the people and stories behind each venue. Swap thoughts with your fellow food-lovers and, as your tour progresses, experience what the locals call gezelligheid — the feeling of fun, warm conviviality that’s fundamental to Dutch culture.
Afterwards, head back to the start point, where your tour ends.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vegetarian available on request (please request at time of booking)
- Gluten free available on request (please request at time of booking)
- Wheelchair accessible on request
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Bites & Stories
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Food Walking Tour of The Hague.