Are you interested in?
Rincon de la Vieja National Park Tours
49 Tours & Activities
18 Tours & Activities
260 Tours & Activities
10 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Immerse yourself in the wild volcanic landscapes of the Rincon de la Vieja National Park on this full-day trekking tour. Set out on a moderate 3-hour hike through the jungle and keep a lookout for Howler monkeys, Capuchin monkeys, Toucans, and Coatis along the way. Pass hissing fumaroles, volcanic craters, and bubbling mud pools, then cool off with a swim beneath the Oropendola Waterfall. After re-fuelling with a delicious lunch of Costa Rican cuisine, enjoy a soothing soak in the hot springs and volcanic mud baths of Rio Negro.
- Full-day hiking tour of the Rincon de la Vieja National Park
- Embark on a 3-hour hike past mud pots, fumaroles and volcanic craters
- Spot Howler and Capuchin monkeys in their natural environment
- Swim beneath the Oropendola Waterfall
- Tuck into a typical Costa Rican lunch
- Enjoy a soothing soak in the volcanic mud bath of Rio Negro
- Moderate hike is suitable for all abilities
- Small-group tour ensures a personalized experience
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
National Park fees
Departure & Return
Departure Point1: Tamarindo Diria, Calle Central, Tamarindo, Costa Rica
2: Tamarindo Beach Costa Rica, Guanacaste Province, Tamarindo, Costa Rica
3: Tamarindo Costa Rica, 152, Tamarindo, Costa Rica
4: Playa Conchal, Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica
5: Flamingo Beach Road, Guanacaste Province, Playa Flamingo, Costa Rica
6: Playa Grande, Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica
7: Camino Las Catalinas, Provincia de Guanacaste, Potrero, Costa Rica
8: Hotel Riu Guanacaste, Playa Matapalo, RIU Guanacaste Route, Guanacaste Province, Sardinal District, 60602, Costa Rica
9: Playas del Coco, Provincia de Guanacaste, Coco, Costa Rica
10: Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica, Guanacaste Province, Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
11: Playa Panama, Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica
12: Andaz Costa Rica Resort At Peninsula Papagayo - a concept by Hyatt, Peninsula Papagayo, Guanacaste Province, Papagayo Peninsula, 50104, Costa Rica
13: Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica, Playa, Provincia de Guanacaste, Costa Rica
14: Guanacaste Province, Liberia, Costa Rica
15: Parque Nacional Rincon De La Vieja Sector Pailas, Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica
16: JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa, Hacienda, Provincia de Guanacaste, Pinilla, 50309, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
Self Drive to Adventure Park: 8:45 AM @ Hacienda Guachipelin
Hacienda Pinilla/JW Marriott: 6:00 AM (please let reception or security know we are coming to pick you up)
Langosta/Tamarindo Hotels, Condos, Apartments, Houses: 6:30 AM
Conchal, Brasilito, Flamingo, Potrero Hotels, Condos, Apartments, Houses: 6:30 AM
RIU Guanacaste & RIU Palace: 7:00 AM (bring copy of passport)
Playas del Coco Hotels, Condos, Houses: 7:20 AM
Playa Hermosa & Playa Panama Hotels, Condos Houses (Occidental Papagayo, Secrets Papagayo, Villas Sol, Condovac, Mangroove): 7:30 AM
Liberia Peri Supermarket: 7:45 AM
Andaz, Four Seasons, Planet Hollywood: 7:00 AM ($50 extra per booking, not per customer)
Dreams Las Mareas 6:30 AM ($200 extra per booking, not per customer)
Pick up times are an estimate. Please be ready at the specified time but it may take us up to 20 minutes longer depending on that days pick up schedule and traffic.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Use "Special Requirements" field upon checkout to advise dietary information
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required, if you are a solo traveler please contact us
- If you do not need transportation, please meet us at the entrance of the National Park at 8:30 am.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Native's Way Costa Rica
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Volcano Hike, Waterfall Swim & Hot Springs Combo on Rincon de la Vieja?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Volcano Hike, Waterfall Swim & Hot Springs Combo on Rincon de la Vieja?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Volcano Hike, Waterfall Swim & Hot Springs Combo on Rincon de la Vieja?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Volcano Hike, Waterfall Swim & Hot Springs Combo on Rincon de la Vieja?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 17279P1
Explore Similar Things to Do
HikingNature and WildlifeThermal Spas & Hot SpringsWalking & Biking ToursSpa ToursOutdoor ActivitiesPlaya HermosaSanta CruzLiberiaPlaya FlamingoGuanacaste and NorthwestTamarindoHiking - Guanacaste and NorthwestNature and Wildlife - Guanacaste and NorthwestThermal Spas & Hot Springs - Guanacaste and NorthwestHiking - Playa FlamingoNature and Wildlife - Playa FlamingoThermal Spas & Hot Springs - Playa FlamingoHiking - Santa CruzNature and Wildlife - Santa CruzThermal Spas & Hot Springs - Santa CruzCategory