2 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Explore our promoted experiences
There’s a good reason why Tamarindo is known as a top surf destination for beginners. In just one lesson, you can pop up on your board and ride a wave when you take a private or group lesson. Or, even upgrade to a 3-day mini-surf camp—the choice is yours when you book. No matter what you choose, hang easy knowing that all equipment and a qualified instructor are included with all packages.
- Beginner surf lesson in Tamarindo
- Learn surfing basics like popping up and paddling
- Choose a private, group, or surf camp option
- All equipment with board and rash guard included
Saved to wishlist!
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Certified Surf Instructor
Pick up and Drop off from Tamarindo and Langosta Beach Condos, Houses, and Hotels
Hotel pickup and drop-off - we pick up from the following areas for a surcharge
JW Marriott, Playa Grande, Playa Conchal, Playa Flamingo ($60 extra)
Hotel RIU Guanacaste, RIU Palace, Playa Ocotal, Playas del Coco, Playa Hermosa, Occidental Papagayo, Secrets Papagayo, Mangroove ($100 extra)
Departure & Return
50 meters west of Banco Nacional, Guanacaste Province, Tamarindo, Costa Rica
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Native's Way Costa Rica
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Beginner Surf Lessons In Tamarindo - Shared or Private?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Beginner Surf Lessons In Tamarindo - Shared or Private?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Beginner Surf Lessons In Tamarindo - Shared or Private?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 17279P25
Explore Similar Things to Do
Sports Lessons SurfingSurfing Lessons Water SportsClasses & WorkshopsOutdoor ActivitiesPlaya HermosaPlaya FlamingoTamarindoSports Lessons - Guanacaste and NorthwestSurfing - Guanacaste and NorthwestSurfing Lessons - Guanacaste and NorthwestSports Lessons - Playa FlamingoSurfing - Playa FlamingoSurfing Lessons - Playa FlamingoSports Lessons - Santa CruzSurfing - Santa CruzSurfing Lessons - Santa CruzCategory