- Half-day shore excursion from Split to Diocletian Palace and Trogir
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Diocletian Palace on a walking tour
- See top Split attractions within the palace grounds, like Peristyle Square and the Cathedral of St Duje
- Relax on a scenic journey along the Dalmatian Coast to the coastal town of Trogir
- Visit St Lawrence Cathedral in Trogir with your expert guide
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
Meeting point is at the entrance to the Diocletian's Palace cellars. The cellar entrance is located outside of the Diocletian Palace, facing the waterfront. Your guide will be standing at the entrance holding a sign 'Elite Travel' (near the bronze relief model of the city of Split).
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Begin the tour in the cellars and tunnels that exist beneath the palace and learn about their historical function. Soak up the atmosphere of this most unique site and then stroll the streets, stopping in the Cathedral of St. Duje, the patron saint of Split, as well as linger in atmospheric Peristyle Square. Finally, hit nearby Split Market to see the colorful fruits and vegetables on offer.
Later board an air-conditioned minibus for the drive up the coast to Trogir for the 17-mile (28 kilometer) drive. Admire the Dalmatian Coast along the way. The medieval town makes for a fascinating stroll. Learn the history of the place from the knowledgeable local guide as you walk the narrow lanes, popping into ancient churches such as the Cathedral of St. Lawrence, one of the most impressive works of architecture in all of Croatia. Gawk at the Venetian-inspired Renaissance and Baroque buildings.
Finally, board the minibus for the 40-minute ride back to Split where you’ll be deposited at the starting point of your tour earlier that day.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your excursion ends with ample time for you to return to Split Port for your ship’s departure. In the extremely unlikely event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Elite Travel LTD
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms