8 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Don't miss a visit to two of the ancient Roman cities buried by Mt Vesuvius in 79 A.D. with this full-day tour from Sorrento to Pompeii and Herculaneum. Walk the ancient cobblestones and marvel at the well-preserved structures of these cities frozen in time. See the ruins of villas, temples and public squares. Explore the vast excavation at Pompeii and the smaller one at Herculaneum, which is better preserved. Combine the two for an unforgettable day – no words do it justice.
- Full-day tour from Sorrento to Pompeii and Herculaneum
- Begin at Herculaneum, the smaller and better preserved excavation
- See beautiful frescoes and marvel at how much remains intact
- Travel to Pompeii to walk through the remains of the huge city
- See temples, public baths, bakeries and even a brothel
Saved to wishlist!
Professional art historian guide
Transport by air-conditioned coach max. 50 seats
possibility to arrage hotel pick-up and drop off
Entrance fees in Pompeii €16,00 and Herculaneum € 13,00
Departure & Return
Via Correale, 25, 80067 Sorrento NA, Italy
Achille lauro parking area at 08:10 am
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY TUI italia s.r.l
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Pompeii and Herculaneum Full Day Tour from Sorrento?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Pompeii and Herculaneum Full Day Tour from Sorrento?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Pompeii and Herculaneum Full Day Tour from Sorrento?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Pompeii and Herculaneum Full Day Tour from Sorrento?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Pompeii and Herculaneum Full Day Tour from Sorrento
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursArchaeology ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingSorrentoBus Tours - Amalfi CoastArchaeology Tours - Amalfi CoastHistorical Tours - Amalfi CoastFull-day Tours - Amalfi CoastBus Tours - PositanoArchaeology Tours - PositanoHistorical Tours - PositanoFull-day Tours - PositanoBus Tours - CapriArchaeology Tours - CapriHistorical Tours - CapriFull-day Tours - CapriCategory
PraianoSorrento St. Anthony Basilica (Basilica di Sant’Antonino)Baths of the Queen Giovanna (Bagni della Regina Giovanna)Cloister of San Francesco (Chiostro di San Francesco) Emerald Grotto (Grotta dello Smeraldo) Tasso Theater (Teatro Tasso) Punta del CapoSorrento Foundation (Fondazione Sorrento)Via CapoCoral Museum (Museo del Corallo)