- Full-day archaeology tour of Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius from Sorrento
- Travel by coach to the excavated site where a great civilization once thrived
- Tour the well-preserved ruins while learning about the history of the city and its destruction after a volcanic eruption
- Drive and hike to the summit of nearby Mount Vesuvius
- Peer into the mouth of the crater and enjoy an aerial perspective of Pompeii
Departure & Return
The Achille Lauro parking, located in Via Correale nr. 25 behind Lauro Square in front of the hotel Europa and Royal.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- In hot weather, we recommend to bring sunscreen and a bottle of water with you
- Please note: entrance fees are not included in the purchase of this tour; only transportation and your guide. Entrance fees are separate and payable when you arrive at the locations.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Goldentours International
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "Don't forget to take water with you as there is no possibility to buy water once You enter Pompei." See review
- "Mt Vesuvius is a tough climb, especially on a hot day, however it is not mandatory and our bus driver had cold water for those needing it as well as outlets to purchase food and drink from should you wish." See review
- "It takes around 20 minutes at least to walk up and down, longer if you have frequent stops, but the tour gives enough time to do this." See review