6 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore our promoted experiences
Explore Mount Etna, the world's most active stratovolcano, on this small-group hiking tour from Catania. Travel in a 4x4 vehicle or minivan to reach a departure point for a moderate hike through Mount Etna's moon-like landscape in the Valley del Bove depression, including a lava tube exploration, and the Silvestri craters. Hotel pickup and drop-off in Catania included.
- Hike through Mount Etna's Valle del Bove depression
- Travel in a smaller vehicle to reach areas inaccessible to larger vehicles
- Small group ensures an intimate atmosphere
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Catania
Saved to wishlist!
Local, professional guide
Environmental guide hiking certified
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Use of helmet
Equipment if requested at time of booking
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Piazzale Crateri Silvestri, 95030 Nicolosi CT, Italy
Outside the bar
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The program of the excursion may be subject to changes. (Adverse weather conditions, as well as restrictions on access to the volcano by the competent authorities)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Etna Excursions from Catania
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Etna Excursion from Catania?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Etna Excursion from Catania?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Etna Excursion from Catania?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Etna Excursion from Catania?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Etna Excursion from Catania
6 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore Excursions4WD ToursSporting EventsBus ToursExtremePorts of Call ToursFull-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingSicilyShore Excursions - Catania4WD Tours - CataniaSporting Events - CataniaBus Tours - CataniaExtreme - CataniaPorts of Call Tours - CataniaFull-day Tours - CataniaShore Excursions - Taormina4WD Tours - TaorminaSporting Events - TaorminaBus Tours - TaorminaExtreme - TaorminaPorts of Call Tours - TaorminaFull-day Tours - TaorminaShore Excursions - Palermo4WD Tours - PalermoSporting Events - PalermoBus Tours - PalermoExtreme - PalermoPorts of Call Tours - PalermoFull-day Tours - PalermoCategory
Monreale Cathedral (Duomo di Monreale) Tours & TicketsSyracuse Cathedral (Duomo di Siracusa) Tours & TicketsTaormina Piazza Duomo Tours & TicketsFountain of Neptune (Fontana di Nettuno) Tours & TicketsZisa Castle (Castello della Zisa) Tours & TicketsAlcantara Gorges (Gole dell'Alcantara) Tours & TicketsSan Benedetto Church (Chiesa San Benedetto) Tours & TicketsPiazza & Fontana Pretoria Tours & TicketsCefalù Cathedral (Duomo di Cefalù) Tours & TicketsCircumetnea Railway (Ferrovia Circumetnea) Tours & TicketsValley of the Temples (Valle dei Templi) Tours & TicketsTaormina Cable Car (Funivia) Tours & TicketsEar of Dionysius (Orecchio di Dionisio) Tours & TicketsBranciforte Palace (Palazzo Branciforte) Tours & TicketsGambino Winery (Vini Gambino) Tours & TicketsVilla Comunale Tours & TicketsChurch of the Gesù (Chiesa del Gesù) Tours & TicketsTellaro Roman Villa (Villa Romana del Tellaro) Tours & TicketsBenedictine Monastery of San Nicolò l'Arena (Monastero Benedettini di San Nicolò l'Arena) Tours & TicketsTaormina Cathedral (Duomo) and Piazza del Duomo Tours & Tickets