3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
San Sebastian is known for its “pintxos”, the Basque Country’s answer to tapas. Feast on a wealth of Basque cuisine and learn to cook these regional signatures with a professional chef on this evening cooking class. Prepare and eat seven different dishes washed down with red wine and the signature local sparkling white, “txakoli”, and leave with newfound confidence in your cooking skills.
- Learn how to prepare seven separate Basque dishes, including “pintxos”
- Feast on the recipes you’ve prepared—enough for a full dinner
- Taste local wines, including the local dry sparkling white, “txakoli”
- Get tips and techniques from professional cooks
Saved to wishlist!
Pintxo 1: Gilda - Anchovy - Olives - Green peppers
Pintxo 2: Donostiarra - Green pepper - Achovy - Boiled egg - Mayonnaise - Shrimp
Pintxo 3: Goat cheese
- Sundried tomatos - Goat cheese - Dried fruits - Vinaigrette
Pintxo 4: Mushroom
- Ham - Mushrooms - Garlic and lemon sauce
Bacalao al pil pil
Iberian Pork dish
-Iberian pork - Piquillo red pepper
Idiazabal cheese cake
Basque dishes and pintxos cooking class
Pintxos and Basque food tasting
The activity is all included
Departure & Return
31 de Agosto Kalea, 29, 20003 Donostia, Gipuzkoa, Spain
Meeting point: 31 agosto 29 Donostia 20003
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Local Experts Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Basque Pintxos and traditional dishes cooking class?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Basque Pintxos and traditional dishes cooking class?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Basque Pintxos and traditional dishes cooking class?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Good opportunity to learn specific techniques on preparing a diverse set of local foods." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Basque Pintxos and traditional dishes cooking class
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Cooking ClassesClasses & WorkshopsFood, Wine & NightlifeSan SebastianCooking Classes - Basque CountryCooking Classes - BilbaoCooking Classes - SantanderCategory
Victoria Eugenia Theatre (Teatro Victoria Eugenia) Tours & TicketsBuen Pastor Cathedral Tours & TicketsOndarreta Beach (Playa de Ondarreta) Tours & TicketsSan Sebastian Old Town (Parte Vieja Donostiarra) Tours & TicketsMiramar Palace (Palacio de Miramar) Tours & TicketsLa Concha Beach (Playa de la Concha) Tours & Tickets