- Day trip from San Juan to Caguas
- Visit the Caguas Botanical and Cultural Garden to see native flowers and other plant life
- Learn about Puerto Rico’s sugar cane industry and its Taino indigenous group through fascinating re-creations and displays
- Follow your guide along the Route of the Creole Heart in central Caguas
- Pass by landmarks like City Hall and Sweet Name of Jesus Cathedral
- Visit three small museums dedicated to history, popular arts, and tobacco
Departure & Return
Departure PointSan Juan, San Juan, Puerto Rico
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup only available from major hotels in San Juan including the following areas: Condado, Old San Juan, Miramar and Isla Verde. Guests staying out of these areas may meet us at a designated meeting location.
San Juan Marriott
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Begin your day with a hotel pickup in San Juan, proceeding onwards by van or minibus to Caguas. Your first stop of the day is the Botanical and Cultural Garden, home to a variety of exhibits not only on the island’s lush plant life but also Puerto Rico’s cultural heritage. You also visit a historic sugar mill on-site, providing an overview of one of the area’s most important industries, and then see the Taíno Ancestral Grove, with art and memorabilia detailing the group’s heritage.
Proceed next to Palmer Plaza, the main square of Caguas, to start walking the Route of the Creole Heart (Ruta del Corazón Criollo) which continues past the most important monuments in town and provides an overview of its recent history and current culture. See the City Hall, constructed in 1887, and Sweet Name of Jesus Cathedral, from 1930, before checking out three museums—the Tobacco Museum, Popular Arts Museum, and History Museum.
Your tour concludes with a return trip to your original pickup location.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- OPERATED BY Rico Sun Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Caguas Cultural Day Trip from San Juan Including Botanical Garden and Lunch.