3 to 4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Ideal for first-time visitors to San Jose, this private half-day walking tour offers a look at the Costa Rican city’s history, architecture, gastronomy, sights, and local hotspots. Wander around the city's central area and pass by significant buildings like the National Museum and the Blue Castello. Stroll through San Jose’s trendy neighborhood on the east side, which boasts plenty of cafes and restaurants.
- Get a comprehensive introduction to San Jose
- Explore the city at a relaxed pace with your guide
- Enjoy personalized attention on this private tour
- There is an opportunity to visit the National Theatre
Saved to wishlist!
Coffee and/or Tea
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Avenida 2, C. 5, Catedral, San José, Costa Rica
C. 33, Empalme, San José, Costa Rica
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Cooltour
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during San Jose Private Walking City Tour?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during San Jose Private Walking City Tour?
A:The policy on sanitization is:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
What is the social distancing policy during San Jose Private Walking City Tour?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during San Jose Private Walking City Tour?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
San Jose Private Walking City Tour
3 to 4 hours
4 hours 5 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursWalking ToursFull-day ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingSan JoseCity Tours - Central ValleyWalking Tours - Central ValleyFull-day Tours - Central ValleyHalf-day Tours - Central ValleyCity Tours - QueposWalking Tours - QueposFull-day Tours - QueposHalf-day Tours - QueposCity Tours - JacoWalking Tours - JacoFull-day Tours - JacoHalf-day Tours - JacoCategory
Yellow House (Casa Amarilla)Gold MuseumNational Theater (Teatro Nacional)Turu Ba Ri Tropical ParkRescate Animal ZooaveLa Sabana Park Orosi River Valley (El Valle del Rio Orosi)Children's Museum (Museo de los Ninos)Plaza de la CulturaChirripó National ParkMetallic Building (Ed)ificio Metálico)National Museum (Museo Nacional)Morazan ParkJade Museum (Museo del Jade)SarchiCosta Rican Art Museum (Museo de Arte Costarricense)