3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Appease your appetite for adventure during an exhilarating 3-hour rafting session on the Sarapiqui River from Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui . With an experienced guide, conquer the Class II and III rapids on the river’s most intense section and feel your adrenaline levels surge. During calmer periods, marvel at the abundance of exotic wildlife on the banks of the Sarapiqui River and listen to fascinating commentary from your guide. All rafting equipment and round-trip transportation from Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui is included on this tour.
- 3-hour white water rafting experience on the Sarapiqui River from Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui
- Paddle through intensive Class II and III rapids with an experienced guide
- Observe the abundance of exotic wildlife during calmer sections of the river
- Receive all rafting equipment and enjoy the convenience of round-trip transportation from Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui
Saved to wishlist!
Includes: Kayak and safety equipment rental Certified instructor/tour guide Transportation to and from our base sites to the paddling location Tropical fruit and tropical coconut cocktail Sugar cane tour Self-guided botanical tour
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Photos (available for purchase after the tour)
Meals (available for additional $7 for breakfast, $10 for lunch, $15 for dinner per person)
Departure & Return
75 metros norte del Ebais, Heredia, La Virgen, Costa Rica
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 8 years
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- You will be required to sign a waiver upon tour check-in
- Recommend you bring: Sunscreen, string or strap to secure your glasses, clothes to change into after the tour
- Recommend you wear: Swimsuit, Shorts or long pants (for sun protection only - no jeans), tennis shoes or sandals with ankle straps (no flip flops), light rain jacket and/or polypropylene, wool shirts for cool or rainy days. Cotton T-shirts for sunny days only (they make you colder when wet)
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Sarapiqui Outdoor Center
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Best Whitewater Rafting Sarapiqui River, Costa Rica, Class II-III?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Best Whitewater Rafting Sarapiqui River, Costa Rica, Class II-III?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Best Whitewater Rafting Sarapiqui River, Costa Rica, Class II-III?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Best Whitewater Rafting Sarapiqui River, Costa Rica, Class II-III?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Best Whitewater Rafting Sarapiqui River, Costa Rica, Class II-III
Explore Similar Things to Do
Water ToursExtremeRaftingFloat Trips White Water Rafting Half-day ToursWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingSan JoseWater Tours - Central ValleyExtreme - Central ValleyRafting - Central ValleyFloat Trips - Central ValleyWhite Water Rafting - Central ValleyHalf-day Tours - Central ValleyWater Tours - QueposExtreme - QueposRafting - QueposFloat Trips - QueposWhite Water Rafting - QueposHalf-day Tours - QueposWater Tours - JacoExtreme - JacoRafting - JacoFloat Trips - JacoWhite Water Rafting - JacoHalf-day Tours - JacoCategory
Orosi River Valley (El Valle del Rio Orosi) Tours & TicketsTuru Ba Ri Tropical Park Tours & TicketsChirripó National Park Tours & TicketsPlaza de la Cultura Tours & TicketsNational Museum (Museo Nacional) Tours & TicketsMorazan Park Tours & TicketsNational Theater (Teatro Nacional) Tours & TicketsMetallic Building (Ed)ificio Metálico) Tours & TicketsChildren's Museum (Museo de los Ninos) Tours & TicketsJade Museum (Museo del Jade) Tours & TicketsRescate Animal Zooave Tours & TicketsGold Museum Tours & TicketsSarchi Tours & TicketsLa Sabana Park Tours & TicketsYellow House (Casa Amarilla) Tours & TicketsCosta Rican Art Museum (Museo de Arte Costarricense) Tours & Tickets