8 to 10 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Get off the beaten path in the Monteverde Cloud Forest without the risk of getting lost with a private guide. Nature lovers who want to explore deeper into the park will love the chance to travel by four-wheel-drive into parts of the forest that travelers on a quick visit usually miss. This is a customizable private tour so you have the freedom to choose your itinerary.
- Pick-ups from the San Jose area are included
- Water and snacks will be provided
- Learn about Costa Rica’s incredible biodiversity from your guide
- Avoid the hassle of public transport with a private vehicle
Saved to wishlist!
Personal driver on 4WD car, sightseeing accordingly to the point of interest you want to go.
Creation of agenda and recommendation of places to visit
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up and drop off from any hotel with in 3 miles radio from the airport. Longest distance hotel can be arranged accordingly.
- Juan Santamaria Intl Airport, San Jose Costa Rica
- Tobias Bolanos Intl Airport, San Jose Costa Rica
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods.
Local Guide for 8-10 hours
7/19/2021 - 11/15/2022
|Monday - Sunday:||05:00 AM - 10:30 PM|
for 8-10 hours Private Van
7/19/2021 - 11/15/2022
|Monday - Sunday:||05:00 AM - 10:00 PM|
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Get a Local Friend
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during 1 day trip getting off the beaten path to Monteverde Rain Forest?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during 1 day trip getting off the beaten path to Monteverde Rain Forest?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Compare Similar Experiences
1 day trip getting off the beaten path to Monteverde Rain Forest
8 to 10 hours
7 hours 2 minutes
1 day 4 hours 20 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore Excursions4WD ToursSporting EventsExtremePorts of Call ToursFull-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingSan JoseAlajuelaCosta RicaSan Antonio De BelenShore Excursions - Central Valley4WD Tours - Central ValleySporting Events - Central ValleyExtreme - Central ValleyPorts of Call Tours - Central ValleyFull-day Tours - Central ValleyShore Excursions - Quepos4WD Tours - QueposSporting Events - QueposExtreme - QueposPorts of Call Tours - QueposFull-day Tours - QueposShore Excursions - Jaco4WD Tours - JacoSporting Events - JacoExtreme - JacoPorts of Call Tours - JacoFull-day Tours - JacoCategory
La Sabana Park Plaza de la CulturaCosta Rican Art Museum (Museo de Arte Costarricense)National Theater (Teatro Nacional)Orosi River Valley (El Valle del Rio Orosi)Children's Museum (Museo de los Ninos)Yellow House (Casa Amarilla)Jade Museum (Museo del Jade)Turu Ba Ri Tropical ParkGold MuseumMorazan ParkSarchiNational Museum (Museo Nacional)Rescate Animal ZooaveMetallic Building (Ed)ificio Metálico)Chirripó National Park