12 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Discover Costa Rica’s historic sites, natural wonders, and native wildlife on this full-day tour from San Jose. Learn more about Costa Rica’s former capital at the Cartago ruins, admire views of Irazú Volcano, spot crocodiles as you cruise down the Sarapiquí River, and take in the highlights of the Braulio Carrillo National Park. Tour includes hotel pickup, lunch, and all activities.
- Family friendly
- All entrance fees included
- Breakfast included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Saved to wishlist!
National Park fees
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We offer pick-up in most of the hotels in San José (please contact us to verify if pick-up is available at your hotel)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 02 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Costa Rica Groups Travel Company
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Full-day Cartago Ruins, Irazú Volcano and Sarapiquí River Cruise From San Jose?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Full-day Cartago Ruins, Irazú Volcano and Sarapiquí River Cruise From San Jose?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Full-day Cartago Ruins, Irazú Volcano and Sarapiquí River Cruise From San Jose?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Full-day Cartago Ruins, Irazú Volcano and Sarapiquí River Cruise From San Jose?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "If anyone wants a full day trip this is worth buying." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Full-day Cartago Ruins, Irazú Volcano and Sarapiquí River Cruise From San Jose
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursDining ExperiencesNature and WildlifeLunch CruisesDay CruisesWater ToursBrunch CruisesFull-day ToursWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingSan JoseBus Tours - Central ValleyDining Experiences - Central ValleyNature and Wildlife - Central ValleyLunch Cruises - Central ValleyDay Cruises - Central ValleyWater Tours - Central ValleyBrunch Cruises - Central ValleyFull-day Tours - Central ValleyBus Tours - QueposDining Experiences - QueposNature and Wildlife - QueposLunch Cruises - QueposDay Cruises - QueposWater Tours - QueposBrunch Cruises - QueposFull-day Tours - QueposBus Tours - JacoDining Experiences - JacoNature and Wildlife - JacoLunch Cruises - JacoDay Cruises - JacoWater Tours - JacoBrunch Cruises - JacoFull-day Tours - JacoCategory
La Sabana Park Metallic Building (Ed)ificio Metálico)Gold MuseumTuru Ba Ri Tropical ParkCosta Rican Art Museum (Museo de Arte Costarricense)Rescate Animal ZooaveYellow House (Casa Amarilla)Chirripó National ParkPlaza de la CulturaChildren's Museum (Museo de los Ninos)Jade Museum (Museo del Jade)National Theater (Teatro Nacional)Orosi River Valley (El Valle del Rio Orosi)SarchiMorazan ParkNational Museum (Museo Nacional)