9 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
See the active Irazu Volcano and other highlights of Costa Rica’s Cartago province at your own pace on a private tour from San Jose. Reach the summit of the peak known by locals as ‘El Colosso,’ famous for its modern eruptions and lake-filled craters. Soak up regional culture in the artsy, historic town of Orosi, and spend the afternoon relaxing in mineral-rich hot springs and dining at a volcanic resort.
- Admire bright crater lakes from the summit of Irazu Volcano
- Visit Orosi's Old Church and drive through the surrounding valley
- Soak in thermal pools and enjoy a buffet lunch at the Rio Perlas Hotel and Hot Springs
- Private guide and transport for a more comfortable, personalized experience
Saved to wishlist!
National Park fees
Transport by private vehicle
Private Naturalist Tour Guide
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up at all hotels in San Jose area. If your hotel is not listed please send hotel name and address
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please bring your swimm suit and sandals for the thermal pool break.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Greenway Nature Day Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Cartago City Highlights, Irazu Volcano and Hot Springs. Private Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Cartago City Highlights, Irazu Volcano and Hot Springs. Private Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Cartago City Highlights, Irazu Volcano and Hot Springs. Private Tour?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Cartago City Highlights, Irazu Volcano and Hot Springs. Private Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Cartago City Highlights, Irazu Volcano and Hot Springs. Private Tour
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingSan JoseBus Tours - Central ValleyHistorical Tours - Central ValleyFull-day Tours - Central ValleyBus Tours - QueposHistorical Tours - QueposFull-day Tours - QueposBus Tours - JacoHistorical Tours - JacoFull-day Tours - JacoCategory
SarchiMetallic Building (Ed)ificio Metálico)Chirripó National ParkRescate Animal ZooaveYellow House (Casa Amarilla)Orosi River Valley (El Valle del Rio Orosi)Plaza de la CulturaCosta Rican Art Museum (Museo de Arte Costarricense)Children's Museum (Museo de los Ninos)National Museum (Museo Nacional)National Theater (Teatro Nacional)Turu Ba Ri Tropical ParkMorazan ParkGold MuseumLa Sabana Park Jade Museum (Museo del Jade)