4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Ride a horse to the Maya ceremonial center of Xunantunich on a 4-hour private tour from a legendary riding stable in San Ignacio. Follow your guide along the gentle Mopan River, and watch for tropical birds and howler monkeys among the trees. Enjoy a sweeping view of the Xunantunich complex, then spend an hour at the fascinating site; take in the towering El Castillo pyramid and enjoy the serenity of the rural spot as you ride through the partially excavated ruins before returning to San Ignacio.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Popular choice with kids
- Small group ensures personal service
- All necessary equipment included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Saved to wishlist!
bottle water, light snack & entrance fee to Xunantunich
Local, professional guide
Hotel pickup and drop-off in San Ignacio
pickups & drop offs OUTSIDE San Ignacio Town
pickups OUTSIDE San Ignacio Town must be arranged with local provider prior to tour date.
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
morning ride: 7:30am PICKUP WEIGHT will be confirmed at our St Leonard's stable.
Give us name of your GOLD STANDARD hotel/resort and we'll let you know if its OUTSIDE of San Ignacio town) Additional fees for pickup & drop off to hotels/resorts outside of San Ignacio town.
NO PICKUPS available for hotels/resorts in BELIZE CITY, Ambergris Caye, Caye Caulker, Hopkins, Placencia. Guests are advised to spend an overnight in San Ignacio Town or use own transport or shuttle. TOUR NOT AVAILABLE to cruise ship passengers due to duration of tour and driving distance to & from cruise ship terminals
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- min of 2 people; MAX of 4 pax; WEIGHT LIMIT 245 lbs per rider
- ATTIRE recommended: Any long pants, comfortable closed toes footwear
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended (NO FLIP FLOPs)
- NB: SHARED small group tours - departure times and locations may vary slightly
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- OPERATED BY St Leonard's Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Xunantunich Riding tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Xunantunich Riding tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Xunantunich Riding tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Xunantunich Riding tour?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Xunantunich Riding tour
3 hours 20 minutes
4 hours 45 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Horseback RidingNature and WildlifeOutdoor ActivitiesSan IgnacioHorseback Riding - HopkinsNature and Wildlife - HopkinsHorseback Riding - Belize CityNature and Wildlife - Belize CityHorseback Riding - Ambergris CayeNature and Wildlife - Ambergris CayeCategory