- Float past traditional river communities and lush jungle surroundings
- See Belizean wildlife like howler monkeys, iguanas, and birds in their natural habitat
- Ideal for beginning and intermediate kayakers
- Pickup and drop-off from hotels within San Ignacio included
Departure & Return
Ground floor of Elviras Building by Ervas Restaurant
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Float past traditional communities that line the riverbanks and through the unspoiled jungle landscape. During calm patches, soak up the beauty of the surroundings and keep an eye out for native wildlife such as black howler monkeys, exotic birds, and iguanas. Then, get your heart rate up as you tackle the thrill of class I rivers rapids — relatively mild white waters that are suitable for beginning and intermediate kayakers. Well-trained guides are on hand to offer assistance and ensure your safety. If you happen to topple over, not to worry; they will help you get back in your kayak and paddling along smoothly again in no time.
After conquering the mighty Mopan, dry off and relax on the ride back to your San Ignacio hotel in the early afternoon.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Dress code is smart casual
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Belize Family Adventure
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Private River Kayaking & Picnic From San Ignacio.