- Half-day horseback ride to Xunantunich ruins from San Ignacio
- Unique and adventurous way to reach one of Belize's most impressive archaeological sites
- Ride through a traditional village and a private organic farm
- Explore the ancient Mayan ruins on foot with a guide
- Includes a typical Belizean lunch at a local restaurant
- No horseback riding experience required
- Tour can accommodate groups of up to 15 people
Departure & Return
Tours depart from our main office in Downtown San Ignacio Directions: MayaWalk Tours Main Office located between Tandoor Restaurant and Belize Bank Return point: Returns to original departure point
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 1 minute before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Dismount with the help of your guide and explore the impressive archaeological site by foot. Learn the long history behind the once-powerful city that served as an important trading and ceremonial site in Mesoamerica as you walk along the ruins of palaces, temples, a marketplace, a ball court, and bathhouses. If you like, climb to the top of the El Castillo stone pyramid — one of the tallest in Belize — for stunning panoramic views of the surrounding jungle.
After getting your fill of archaeological adventure, climb back on your horse for the ride to local restaurant Benny’s Kitchen, and recharge with an included lunch of traditional Belizean cuisine. Give your horse a farewell pat back at the stables, and return to the original departure point in San Ignacio. The total tour time is flexible and typically ranges from 4–6 hours, based on the preferred pace of the group.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- All passenger heights and weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Weight limit: 250 lbs (113.4 kg) per person
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY MayaWalk Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff