Explore our promoted experiences
- 8.5-hour hiking tour of Crystal Cave (Mountain Cow Cave) from San Ignacio
- A challenging trek suited to active travelers
- Enjoy the scenery of the famous Blue Hole National Park
- Descend to Xibalba, believed by Mayans to be the entrance to the underworld
- Marvel at stalagmites, stalactites, and crystal formations while exploring Crystal Cave
- Lunch and rum punch are included
Departure & Return
Directions: MayaWalk Tours Main Office located between Tandoor Restaurant and Belize Bank Return point: Returns to original departure point
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
After a 1-hour hike through the rainforest, you’ll rappel 15 feet (4.5 meters) into the entrance of Crystal Cave (Mountain Cow Cave) and embark on a challenging descent to Xibalba, believed by Mayan civilization to be the entrance to the underworld.
Explore the cave, marveling at crystal formations, stalactites, and stalagmites, and discovering century-old carvings, pottery, and relics.
Once you’ve emerged from the cave, you’ll refuel with a hearty homemade lunch and a dip in the refreshing waters of the famous Blue Hole. Your tour concludes with drop-off at your original departure point in San Ignacio.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Difficulty: Challenging
- What to bring: Hiking sandals or sneakers, change of clothes, small backpack, 1 liter of water, bug spray, snacks, and swimwear with shorts
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- OPERATED BY MayaWalk Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff