- Views of the city skyline, Alcatraz, and the Golden Gate Bridge
- Sail under the Golden Gate Bridge and Bay Bridge
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
All cruise vessels operate on bio-diesel — a renewable energy source — and offer heated indoor spaces or outdoor viewing decks. There is no assigned seating or formal dress required during this casual, relaxing evening cruise.
Sunset Bay Cruise: If you embark during late March through early November, you’ll watch the sun setting over the the Pacific Ocean as you cruise toward the Marin Headlands and past the Golden Gate Bridge. Glide past Alcatraz, Angel Island and the San Francisco Bay Bridge.. On your return to Fisherman's Wharf you'll see many more notable sights, including the Presidio, the Marina District and Fort Mason.
Twilight Cruise: In the winter, the cruise makes the most of San Francisco’s spectacular city lights on a twilight tour. After the sun sets over the horizon, you'll glide past San Francisco's modern skyscrapers, historic landmarks, the infamous Alcatraz Island and both the Bay Bridge and Golden Gate Bridge. Enjoy the illuminated skyline — an unmissable San Francisco view.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: In November, December, January and February, tour departs at 6pm for the Twilight Cruise and will not see the sunset
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Please note that since the pandemic, food, drinks, live music are no longer available on this cruise.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 150 travelers
- OPERATED BY Red and White Fleet
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Straight to the Gate Access: San Francisco Bay Twilight or Sunset Cruise.
- "If you are a light eater, you would pretty much consider it a dinner) They also mention ONE complimentary drink, but you can pay for additional drinks." See review
- "It does get cold and quite windy towards the end of the trip, but i stayed out on deck the entire time and finally got to see whales near the end!" See review