- Combined excursion to Muir Woods and Sausalito with one-hour Golden Gate Bay Cruise
- Exploring the giant redwood sequoia trees at Muir Woods
- Shopping and browsing in Sausalito, California's prettiest town
- Drive across the Golden Gate Bridge
- One-hour narrated Golden Gate Bay cruise
- Cruise under the Golden Gate Bridge and by Alcatraz Island
- Comfortable indoor and outdoor seating
- Free wireless on board tour vehicle
Departure & Return
478 Post St., San Francisco, CA 94102, USA Gray Line Union Square Office Departure time: 7:40 AM Please be at the above address, 10 minutes prior to departure. Please contact us 48 hours prior to departure date to confirm.
2800 Leavenworth St., San Francisco, CA 94133, USA Gray Line Fisherman’s Departure Location on the corner of Leavenworth St. & Jefferson St. Please be at the above address by 7:50 AM. Tour Departs @: 8:00 AM Please contact us 48 hours prior to departure date to confirm.
The Bay Cruise concludes at the Pier. Guest will have time to enjoy Fisherman's Wharf after the tour.
What To Expect
Your morning starts with a drive across the Golden Gate Bridge, where you’ll stop to take in views from Vista Point on your way to Muir Woods. Enjoy ample time to walk along paths through the forest of old-growth coastal redwoods, known for being some of the oldest and tallest trees in the world.
Then head to Sausalito, a picturesque small town nestled between the Marin Headlands and San Francisco Bay on the north side of the Golden Gate Bridge. Take a walk on the waterfront, grab a snack (own expense) or check out the art galleries and shops. Once back in San Francisco, board your Bay Cruise departing from Pier 39.
Your narrated cruise takes you underneath the bridge (weather permitting) and past Alcatraz Island. Enjoy views of the city skyline and the local sea lions, and then end your tour with a drop-off at Pier 39.
Please note: the order of activities can change, depending on the Muir Woods departure time, which won’t be confirmed until about a week before each tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible. However, passengers in a wheelchair can be accommodated only if they can get on and off the bus on their own and if the wheelchair is foldable.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Due to changes that the National Parks Service has made to the parking reservation systems for Muir Woods, we are unable to guarantee specific tour times to this popular destination at the time of booking.
- Please contact us 72 hours prior to tour date to confirm your exact departure time.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line San Francisco
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Muir Woods and Sausalito Tour plus Bay Cruise.