4 hours (approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Take in two of the San Francisco Bay Area’s top destinations, Muir Woods and Sausalito, on a 4-hour morning tour from downtown San Francisco. Drive through the Presidio and across the Golden Gate Bridge to Muir Woods National Monument where you have some time to walk among towering old growth redwood trees. Next, head to Sausalito for a stroll along the picturesque waterfront, which is full of great boutiques, cafes and restaurants. You can opt to remain on your own in Sausalito or return on the coach.
- 4-hour morning tour to Muir Woods and Sausalito, from San Francisco
- Spend time in the ancient redwood forests in Muir Woods
- Meander around the shops, galleries and waterfront walkways in charming Sausalito
- Cross the Golden Gate Bridge and see the Pacific Ocean
- Have the option to stay on your own in Sausalito for more time to explore
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Be one of the first to arrive at Muir Woods and keep your afternoon free for San Francisco sightseeing.
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Entrance fee to Muir Woods National Monument ($15 USD)
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
This activity will end right where it started.Departure Point: If you are not staying at a SF downtown hotel, you must contact local vendor to confirm your tour and pick up location and time. Please see pickup times below for hotels in the San Francisco neighborhoods below you must contact supplier after booking to setup pickup location and time. Union Square / Downtown - 8:30 - 8:45 Fisherman's Wharf - 8:45-9AM Please call us on the day before to confirm your pickup location. Thank you.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A maximum of 14 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- A minimum of 3 people is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY A Taste of SF Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Small Group Half Day Muir Woods and Sausalito Morning Tour ?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Small Group Half Day Muir Woods and Sausalito Morning Tour ?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Small Group Half Day Muir Woods and Sausalito Morning Tour ?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Small Group Half Day Muir Woods and Sausalito Morning Tour ?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "It was just enough time, but if you want to do some hiking to the 4th bridge the beach you'll need more time, The driver was extremely rude!" See review
- "That won’t be enough if you are a dedicated biker but it’s a good way of checking it out on a first visit." See review
- "Muir Woods is a special place to visit and Sausalito is always a nice stop." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Small Group Half Day Muir Woods and Sausalito Morning Tour
4 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 25 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursNature and WildlifePorts of Call ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingSan FranciscoShore Excursions - CaliforniaBus Tours - CaliforniaNature and Wildlife - CaliforniaPorts of Call Tours - CaliforniaHalf-day Tours - CaliforniaShore Excursions - SausalitoBus Tours - SausalitoNature and Wildlife - SausalitoPorts of Call Tours - SausalitoHalf-day Tours - SausalitoShore Excursions - Napa & SonomaBus Tours - Napa & SonomaNature and Wildlife - Napa & SonomaPorts of Call Tours - Napa & SonomaHalf-day Tours - Napa & SonomaCategory
Aquarium of the Bay Tours & TicketsSutro Baths Tours & TicketsFort Point National Historic Site Tours & TicketsSoMa (South of Market) Tours & TicketsBarbary Coast Trail Tours & TicketsSan Francisco Dungeon Tours & TicketsSeward Street Slides Tours & TicketsTransamerica Pyramid Tours & TicketsWar Memorial Opera House Tours & TicketsSaints Peter and Paul Church Tours & TicketsAngel Island Immigration Station Tours & TicketsPacific Heights Tours & TicketsPainted Ladies Tours & TicketsFisherman's Wharf Tours & TicketsCable Car Museum Tours & TicketsTiburon Tours & TicketsJames R. Herman Cruise Terminal at Pier 27 Tours & TicketsWinchester Mystery House Tours & TicketsBay Bridge Tours & TicketsSan Francisco Playhouse Tours & Tickets