4 to 5 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore our promoted experiences
Experience the majesty of Northern California’s Coastal Redwood Sequoia trees at Muir Woods. This half-day tour takes visitors to some of the Bay Area’s most peaceful spots. Spend 1.5 hours beneath some of the tallest Redwood trees in the world, take a short hike, or just enjoy the views. Then stop for lunch in Sausalito and opt to take the scenic ferry ride back to the city, or be driven across the Golden Gate Bridge. Ideal for visitors looking to get out of the city and spend some relaxing time in the forest.
- Experience the peaceful surroundings of giant Redwood trees in Muir Woods
- Avoid the hassles of driving, parking and public transportation
- Visit Muir Woods, the Golden Gate Bridge and the town of Sausalito
- Convenient transportation from San Francisco hotels and Fisherman’s Wharf
Saved to wishlist!
Complimentary SF hotel pickup from most hotels
Excursion to picturesque Sausalito and Muir Woods
Muir Woods Entrance fee
Guide Gratuities (for Private option ONLY)
Guide Gratuities (for Shared tour)
Ferry from Sausalito to SF (if option not selected)
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Exact destinations & itinerary may differ due to weather, road conditions, and the guide's discretion.
- California law requires tour guests to bring a car safety seat for all children under 8 years and under 4' 9" (1.4 meters) in height. Any guest that does not provide their child's safety seat at the time of the tour and does not inform the tour operator in advance may not be allowed to board the tour and will not be subject to refund.
- For hotel pickups, if your hotel is not listed, please select the Hilton Union Square at 333 O'Farrell Street (the meeting point is outside the Mason Street entrance).
- Audio guides are available in French, Spanish, German, Italian, Mandarin Chinese, and Japanese. Specify language at time of booking under special requirements.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Park entrance fee to Muir Woods National Monument included
- For the rare event that commercial parking is not available at Muir Woods, we reserve the right to arrange an alternative destination for experiencing Giant Coastal Redwoods during your tour.
- Meals and drink are not included but available for purchase at Muir Woods Visitor's Center and Sausalito.
- Your pickup time for this tour may change due to the new parking reservation system for Muir Woods. Please make sure to reconfirm pick-up time prior to your tour
- Time spent in Sausalito may vary. Purchase the ferry option to extend your stay in this quaint Coastal Village
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 33 travelers
- OPERATED BY Extranomical Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Muir Woods Expedition Tour of Coastal Redwoods?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Muir Woods Expedition Tour of Coastal Redwoods?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Muir Woods Expedition Tour of Coastal Redwoods?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Muir Woods Expedition Tour of Coastal Redwoods?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "If you are taking younger children who get motion sick, advise to take Gravol a half hour before the drive out." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Muir Woods Expedition Tour of Coastal Redwoods
4 to 5 hours
3 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 25 minutes
3 hours 40 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursAudio GuidesNature and WildlifeHalf-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingTransfers & Ground TransportSan FranciscoBus Tours - CaliforniaAudio Guides - CaliforniaNature and Wildlife - CaliforniaHalf-day Tours - CaliforniaBus Tours - SausalitoAudio Guides - SausalitoNature and Wildlife - SausalitoHalf-day Tours - SausalitoBus Tours - Napa & SonomaAudio Guides - Napa & SonomaNature and Wildlife - Napa & SonomaHalf-day Tours - Napa & SonomaCategory
De Young Museum Tours & TicketsDavies Symphony Hall Tours & TicketsSan Francisco International Airport (SFO) Tours & TicketsBaker Beach Tours & TicketsLegion of Honor Tours & TicketsThe Cannery Tours & TicketsSausalito Vista Point Tours & TicketsConservatory of Flowers Tours & TicketsSan Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMoMA) Tours & TicketsToronado Pub Tours & TicketsSaints Peter and Paul Church Tours & TicketsMarin Headlands Tours & TicketsFerry Building Tours & TicketsJapanese Tea Garden Tours & TicketsFort Point National Historic Site Tours & TicketsMission Dolores Park Tours & TicketsAquarium of the Bay Tours & TicketsVesuvio Cafe Tours & TicketsFisherman's Wharf Tours & TicketsTiburon Tours & Tickets