Departure & Return
If driving to San Blas with your own car, please ensure to arrive no later than 8:30am and in a SUV vehicle. All other cars will be turned around at the border crossing. Carti has 3 ports. Your lancha/boat and captain will be waiting for you in the Barsukun port. Contact us to arrange RT transport.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The car ride to San Blas takes 2.5 hours and for about one hour the drive leads through windy roads. If you get motion-sick, please plan accordingly.
- PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO BRING YOUR ORGINAL PASSPORT. WITHOUT IT, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE KUNA TERRITORY AND THE SAN BLAS ISLANDS.
- We will check the availability of the cabin and will send you a confirmation mail.
- Please be advised that San Blas is in the Kuna territory, which is an autonomous, Indian zone. The services are very basic and most cabins are minimalistic. The Kunas will be providing all touristic services, such as meal preparations, car and boat transportations, lodging, and tour guiding. We are proud to be working with this friendly tribe and with each booking we give back to the community, supporting their customs and their traditional way of life. We kindly ask you to respect this beautiful culture and their simple way of life, leaving your expectations behind and learning about their innocent culture.
- Aside from using generators for electricity, there are no amenities and utilities as you are used to from the city. Food is basic, yet freshly prepared such as fresh fried fish, mixed seafood, chicken or lobster (at extra chrge) with salad, rice or plantains.
- In San Blas Islands there are no ATMs, only cash in received. You can buy drinks there, snacks, souvenirs etc
- We recommend that you bring your personal hygiene items, such as towels, sunscreen, hats, mosquito repellent.
- Departure time is between 5:00am and 5:45am from your Panama City lodging. If staying at Playa Bonita area, your departure time is 5:00am.
- There are no electrical outlets in the bedrooms, only light. You can recharge your phones and cameras in the main house.
- Check out from your cabin on the island is at 8:00am and you should be back in Panama City between 6-7pm
- The boat transfer from the port to the islands may be bumpy with some sea spray. If you are sensitive to motion sickness, please prepare accordingly by bringing appropriate medication. You may also get wet, so please bring some water protection for your luggage and yourself
- “+Movil” and “Digicel” are the cell phone companies that have reception in San Blas
- You are welcome to bring a cooler with your own drinks, potable water, snacks and beverages (fruit juice or alcohol). The driver will stop at a supermarket on the way to San Blas in order for you to purchase additional items.
- The road to San Blas is very curvy with lots of hills. If you are sensitive to motion sickness, please prepare accordingly by bringing appropriate medication.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tao Travel 365
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff