- Mt. Vesuvius shore excursion from Naples
- Learn about the infamous Mt. Vesuvius eruption that destroyed Pompeii in AD 79
- Hike to the summit of Mt. Vesuvius with your guide and peer into the crater of the active volcano
- Enjoy panoramic views of the Bay of Naples from the top
- A delicious pizza lunch with drink is included
- Port pickup and drop-off included
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up will be outside the dock of your cruise ship, driver will show a sign with your name on it.
- Naples port
What To Expect
Enjoy a delicious pizza lunch and a soft drink before beginning the hike to the summit with your guide, reaching an impressive 3,900 feet (1,200 meters). You are rewarded with incredible views stretching over the Bay of Naples. As you travel around the crater's rim, don’t be surprised if you see trails of steam rising from the depths of the sleeping beast.
After soaking up the view, travel back to your coach, concluding with transportation back to port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your timely return to the Naples port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended for climbing Mt. Vesuvius
- We require a minimum of 2 participants in total every day to operate this tour. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not at least 2 participants for this tour. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Transport is by coach: group sizes of up to 50 people
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- In case Mt. Vesuvius National Park is closed due to bad weather conditions and/or other circumstances beyond our control, you will be refunded the entrance tickets to the National Park
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please note that for this tour, among the 4 languages available, the English language only is always guaranteed
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Worry-free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your timely return to the Naples port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Project Napoli Service
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Naples Shore Excursion: Mt Vesuvius Half-Day Trip from Naples.