- 5.5-hour tour of Vatican City, including the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica
- Enjoy skip-the-line entry to the Vatican Museums with an art historian guide
- Visit lesser-known wings of the museum, including the Pinacoteca
- Admire the Michelangelo frescoes in the Sistine Chapel
- See the masterpieces inside the enormous St. Peter's Basilica
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Near the entrance to the Vatican museums. You will receive full details, including a map and photograph of the meeting point, after completing your booking. Address: At the flower stand on the corner of Viale Giulio Cesare and Via Leone IV. Directions: The easiest way to reach the meeting point is via the Metro, and we recommend getting off at the stop "Ottaviano". Climb the stairs up to the station and take the last exit on the left. Go up the stairs to the street. Stay on the left-hand side of the road and walk past the news-stand towards Via Leone IV, approximately 2 blocks. The flower stand is located on the corner of Viale Giulio Cesare and Via Leone IV. There is a Burger King directly across the street from the flower stand.
What To Expect
Enjoy skip-the-line entry to the Vatican Museums to begin your tour, giving you more time to see what's inside the museum rather than waiting in line outside. Learn about some of the famous pieces that started the collection, such as the classic Roman statue of the Apollo Belvedere and the Laocoon. See lesser-known wings of the museum, including the Pinacoteca or 'Picture Gallery,' as well as must-see sights like the Raphael Rooms.
Make your way from the Vatican Museums to admire Michelangelo's masterpiece, the Sistine Chapel. Then walk to the extraordinary St. Peter's Basilica next door. The vast interior of the church holds a number of famous pieces of art, including architectural elements designed by Bernini as well as Michelangelo's moving statue of the Virgin Mary holding the body of Christ, the 'Pietà.'
After your visit to St. Peter's Basilica, venture back outside to take in the massive church from St. Peter's Square. Hear stories about the history of the Catholic Church and the lives of the popes, many of whom had a huge, long-lasting impact on both the political and artistic history of Italy. Learn how papal history has influenced religious and European history over the centuries.
Take advantage of the small-group nature of the tour to ask questions of your guide at any point along the way.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Allyn Travel LLC
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms