- 2-hour Roman gladiator training
- Learn gladiator fighting techniques from members of the Historic Group of Rome
- Wear and use traditional clothing and weapons
- Includes entrance to the Gladiator School of Rome Museum
- Choice of lesson times throughout the day
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Lessons commence at the Gladiator School of Rome, located approximately 2.5 kilometers (1.5 miles) from The Colosseum Address: Via Appia Antica, 18, 00179, Rome, Italy Directions: Either take Metro (line B) and get off at OSTIENSE and take the bus number 118 OR take Metro (line A), get off at stop SAN GIOVANNI and then take bus number 218. However in the spirit of easy access - we suggest taking a taxi (approx. 10-15 euros) to access the school Dates: Daily Opening hours 9:30am - 1:30pm 2:00pm - 6:00pm Return point: Concludes at the Gladiator School of Rome
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Learn the basic skills of gladiator sword fighting before summoning your imagination and channeling your inner ancient Roman as you fight off ferocious lions and battle other sword-wielding gladiators. If you wish, you can participate in an optional gladiator tournament, complete with a prize for the victor. Either way, all participants receive a certificate of accomplishment at the end of your lesson.
Friends and family are allowed to watch your class from the viewing platform. Admission to the Gladiator School of Rome Museum is also included so you can check out gladiator weapons and other artifacts.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Scuola Gladiatori Roma
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use