- Private walking tour of Baroque Rome and the Galleria Borghese
- Guided tour of the Galleria Borghese
- Guided tour of Santa Maria del Popolo
- Choice of morning or afternoon tours
- English-speaking guide specializing in art history
- Departs from the Borghese Gallery and concludes at Piazza del Popolo
- Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from your guide on this special private art tour
- Customize the tour to suit your own interests
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Entrance to Borghese Gallery (Galleria Borghese), in Villa Borghese Directions: The guide will be waiting for you with a sign displaying your name. Dates: Daily, except Sunday and Monday
The tour finishes outside the Church of Santa Maria del Popolo, in Piazza del Popolo.
What To Expect
Admire several statues by Gian Lorenzo Bernini, including Apollo and Daphne, David and Rape of Proserpine, and see a Canova sculpture of Pauline Bonaparte Borghese. Don’t miss paintings by Caravaggio, Titian, and Raphael before leaving the gallery to walk through the lovely Villa Borghese gardens down to Piazza del Popolo, a busy Rome square.
Head inside the Basilica of Santa Maria del Popolo with your guide to see two of Caravaggio’s famous works—Crucifixion of St Peter and Conversion on the Way to Damascus; with your guide’s artistic help, compare these baroque paintings with Raphael’s Renaissance-style Chigi Chapel. Your tour then ends at Piazza del Popolo, a central location from where you can continue exploring the city on your own.
Note: This private tour can be customized to your interests by your professional guide; please list any particular interests you have, such as architecture, history or culture, at the time of booking so your guide can prepare.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY ARTSTUR Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff