Don’t worry—here are some similar options
3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Early Christian history enthusiasts will enjoy this tour of relics from the life of Christ. Visits include the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore to view wood believed to be from Jesus’ manger; Santa Prassede, home to a fragment of the pillar on which Christ is said to have been flogged; and the Basilica of Santa Croce, containing what may be pieces of the cross and a nail from the Crucifixion. You can also walk up the Holy Stairs Jesus once descended.
- See some of the most precious early Christian relics in Rome
- Learn more about the life and death of Jesus Christ from your guide
- Visit Rome's impressive cathedral: the Basilica of Saint John Lateran
- View relics from Christ's Passion brought directly from Jerusalem
Saved to wishlist!
Departure & Return
Via dell'Esquilino, 31, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Eternal City Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Explore Similar Things to Do
Walking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingRomeWalking Tours - Lake BraccianoHistorical Tours - Lake BraccianoHalf-day Tours - Lake BraccianoWalking Tours - Lake BolsenaHistorical Tours - Lake BolsenaHalf-day Tours - Lake BolsenaWalking Tours - AssisiHistorical Tours - AssisiHalf-day Tours - AssisiCategory
Stadium of Domitian (Stadio di Domiziano)Parco del Colle OppioJaniculum Hill (Gianicolo)Fountain of the Four Rivers (Fontana delle Quattro Fiumi)Museum of Contemporary Art of Rome (MACRO)Circus of Maxentius (Circo di Massenzio) Seven Hills of Rome (Sette Colli di Roma)Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino International Airport (FCO)Basilica di San Lorenzo in LucinaGolden House of Nero (Domus Aurea)Raphael's Rooms (Stanze di Raffaello)Appian Way and Aurelian Walls (Via Appia Antica e Mure Aureliane)Church of Santa Maria della Pace (Chiesa di Santa Maria della Pace)Tiber River (Fiume Tevere)Domus AugustanaCaelian Hill (Celio)St. Paul's Within the Walls Church (Chiesa di San Paolo Entro le Mura)Leonardo da Vinci Museum (Mostra di Leonardo)Basilica of St. John Lateran (Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano)Capuchin Crypt (Cripta dei Frati Cappuccini)