Explore our promoted experiences
- Skip the line for fast-track entry to the Colosseum
- Enter via the Gladiator’s Gate and stand in the arena
- Learn about the gladiators and the battles they fought
- Explore the Colosseum’s first level to see where the crowds cheered
Departure & Return
Meet your guide at the entrance of Colle Oppio Park on the corner of Via di Terme di Tito and Via Nicola Salvi. The entrance is opposite Oppio caffè. Colle Oppio Park is located on the corner of Via di Terme di Tito and Via Nicola Salvi. If arriving by metro, please note that there are two entrances/exits for the metro. The caffè where we meet is located on the street above the metro station. You can take the stairs up either inside the metro station or from outside. Once you arrive to the street above the metro, face the colosseum and then walk to your left 150 meters and you will find the Oppio Caffè on the corner and the entrance on the opposite side.
What To Expect
Walk over to the Colosseum with your skip-the-line ticket in hand, then bypass the main entrance lines to head straight inside the arena via the Gladiator’s Gate. Transporting you back in millennia, your guide regales you with stories of the gladiators who fought here to their death.
From the arena, head up to the first floor to see where the bloodthirsty Roman crowds bayed, and gaze out over Palatine Hill and the Roman Forum—your next stop.
Leave the Colosseum, and walk over to the forum as you hear tales of imperial-era Rome. Wander around the main ruins and monuments of the ancient plaza, which was a center of political activity in the city’s heyday.
Finish your tour near the Roman Forum.
NOTE: There is a new rule at the Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Palatine Hill that only small backpacks and regular-size handbags are allowed inside. Guests with larger bags are not allowed to enter (there are no storage facilities) and all guests must now pass through a security check before entering the Colosseum.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Important Note: There is a new rule at the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill that only small backpacks and regular-size handbags are allowed inside. Guests with larger bags will not be allowed to enter (there are no storage facilities) and all guests must now pass through a security check before entering the Colosseum.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Please ensure that all members of your party have a valid ID on them on the day of the visit.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with strollers on this tour.
- Please note, this tour is wheelchair accessible with some difficulties. We advise clients to contact Walks Customer Service Team to make further arrangements.
- Comfortable shoes are reccomended
- From August 6th 2021, all Italy sites we visit will require clients and guides alike to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test completed within 48 hours prior to entry. They will also require a legal form of ID matching the vaccination or test results. More info on the Italian Government website
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- OPERATED BY Walks - Italy, Spain & Greece
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience