- First Entrance into the Vatican Museums & the Sistine Chapel before the crowds arrive
- Enjoy Michelangelo's masterpieces before the crowds arrive
- Take the time to explore the Vatican Museum for as long as you want
- Share the experience with a small group
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
At the bottom of the steps across the street from the Entrance of the Vatican Museums. The steps are located right next to Caffè Vaticano on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi. The closest Metro stop is Line A (Ottaviano – Musei Vaticani).
What To Expect
Gaze in awe at Michelangelo’s iconic ceiling fresco, 'The Creation of Adam,' as well as 'The Last Judgment,' his blue fresco that adorns the back wall of the chapel. Talking is not allowed inside; learn about these Renaissance masterpieces before you enter. After seeing the chapel, you're able to explore the Vatican Museums at your own pace.
Your tour concludes back in St. Peter's Square, where you're able to take in the architectural splendor of the Vatican.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- St Peter's Basilica, the grottos and the dome: After the tour, you may visit these attractions on your own. Your tour will end at the front of St Peter's Basilica, which is a very convenient location to leave for lunch, visit the Vatican bookstore, visit the Vatican post office, enter St Peter's Basilica, continue to the grottos below St Peter's or climb to the dome. Your tour guide will be happy to point you in the right direction!
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY City Wonders Ltd
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Sistine Chapel First Entry Experience with Vatican Museums.
- "There are other tour groups, but no where near as the mass crowds as usual.this tour is highly recommended for all." See review
- "Don't worry, you will still have the opportunity to explore the museums after you visit the Chapel." See review
- "Show up early, grab some cappuccino before the tour, and get ready for the experience of a lifetime!" See review