6 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Discover the artwork of Caravaggio during this private walking tour in Rome. Learn about the artist’s life and works including how he used light to define his signature style. Visit several city landmarks to see his work including the Church of San Luigi dei Francesi, the Doria Pamphili Gallery, and the Capitoline Museums.
- Explore Rome through an artistic lens
- Join a private guide for an art-themed walking tour
- Learn about the life and work of Caravaggio
- View Caravaggio’s masterpieces in several places
Saved to wishlist!
Virtual Private Remote Guided
Entrance to the four most important museums and galleries in Rome
In depth Caravaggio tour in Rome
Road to Caravaggio (PDF)
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Via dei Fori Imperiali, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
Piazzale Scipione Borghese, 5, 00197 Roma RM, Italy
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship i.e. no shorts or sleeveless tops allowed, knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to dress appropriately.
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY When In Rome Walks
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Explore Similar Things to Do
Audio GuidesWalking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingTransfers & Ground TransportRomeAudio Guides - Lake BraccianoWalking Tours - Lake BraccianoHistorical Tours - Lake BraccianoHalf-day Tours - Lake BraccianoAudio Guides - Lake BolsenaWalking Tours - Lake BolsenaHistorical Tours - Lake BolsenaHalf-day Tours - Lake BolsenaAudio Guides - AssisiWalking Tours - AssisiHistorical Tours - AssisiHalf-day Tours - AssisiCategory
Leonardo da Vinci Museum (Mostra di Leonardo)Via MarguttaTrastevereSt. Peter's Baldachin (Baldacchino di San Pietro)Church of Santa Maria della Pace (Chiesa di Santa Maria della Pace)Church of Santa Maria della Vittoria (Chiesa di Santa Maria della Vittoria)Porta MaggioreKeats-Shelley HousePamphilj Palace (Palazzo Pamphilj)Piazza BarberiniBioparcoNational Roman Museum (Museo Nazionale Romano)–Palazzo Massimo alle Terme Aventine Hill (Aventino)Basilica di Sant'Andrea della ValleVatican Obelisk (Obelisco Vaticano) Church of Sant'Agnese in Agone (Chiesa di Sant'Agnese in Agone)Stadium of Domitian (Stadio di Domiziano)Vittorio Emmanuele II Monument (Vittoriano)Basilica of St. John Lateran (Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano)Janiculum Hill (Gianicolo)