7 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Equal parts natural wonder and cultural landmark, Lake Chicabal is a top attraction for Quetzaltenango (Xela) area visitors. Hiking with a guide is not only the safest way to visit the crater lake—also a Mam Mayan ceremonial site—but also makes for the easiest transportation logistics straight from your Xela hotel.
- Lake Chicabal hiking tour from Quetzaltenango (Xela)
- Guide leads you past Mayan altars and down twisting trails
- Easiest and safest way to visit the popular Xela day trip destination
- Pickup and drop-off from Xela included—no need to bus to the trailhead
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
Round-trip shared transfer
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum number of 2 persons applies. If you book for yourself, there is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Adrenalina Tours
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Trek to Chicabal Volcano and Lagoon?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Trek to Chicabal Volcano and Lagoon?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Trek to Chicabal Volcano and Lagoon?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Trek to Chicabal Volcano and Lagoon?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Trek to Chicabal Volcano and Lagoon
4 hours 30 minutes