Explore our promoted experiences
- Private Monteverde birdwatching tour
- Choose between half- and full-day options
- Flexible, personal experience with a local guide
- Watch for a huge variety of bird species
- Includes pickup and drop-off at Monteverde hotels
Departure & Return
We meet up in fromt of the Curi Cancha Preserve front office
What To Expect
Follow trails through habitat that supports 45% of Costa Rica’s bird species, watching for more than 450 individual species. One highlight of the forest surrounding Monteverde is the chance to see the brilliant plumage of a resplendent quetzal, and your naturalist guide will help you spot the greatest possible range of tropical birds.
Other favorite birds include the blue-crowned motmot and the green-violetear hummingbird, whose metallic plumage can be spotted the length of Central America. Throughout your walk, take advantage of your time with a private guide to ask questions, explore the things that interest you most, and set your own pace, walking as fast or slow as you want.
Following your time in the forest, this half- or full-day tour concludes with return transfer to Monteverde, and drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Johnny loves nature
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms