4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Pop up on a surfboard and catch your first waves in Montezuma with a professional surf lesson. Learn the basics of surfing rules and etiquette on the shore, and then jump in the water to try out fundamental moves with the help of your guide. A big sandbar makes Montezuma a great place for beginners to safely and comfortably try a new sport, and all equipment is included so you don’t need to fuss with any rentals.
- Montezuma beginner surfing lesson
- Surf at Playa Grande, a 30-minute hike from Montezuma
- A fun and safe way for first-time surfers to try a new sport
- All equipment with boards and leashes included
Saved to wishlist!
Transportation to/from attractions
Departure & Return
Montezuma, Puntarenas Province, Costa Rica
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods.
8/1/2020 - 10/1/2021
|Monday - Sunday:||06:00 AM - 07:00 PM|
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Nicoya surf
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Half day Surf and adventure ?
The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Half day Surf and adventure ?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Half day Surf and adventure ?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Half day Surf and adventure ?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 46028P1
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesSports Lessons Surfing Lessons Water SportsClasses & WorkshopsOutdoor ActivitiesUnique ExperiencesPuntarenasUnique Experiences - Central PacificSports Lessons - Central PacificSurfing Lessons - Central PacificUnique Experiences - MonteverdeSports Lessons - MonteverdeSurfing Lessons - MonteverdeUnique Experiences - JacoSports Lessons - JacoSurfing Lessons - JacoCategory