5 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Once your cruise ship docks in Puerto Plata's Amber Cove, discover the secluded Damajagua Waterfalls on this full-day trip. Tucked in the hills of the Dominican Republic's Northern Corridor, explore all 27 pristine falls cascading over limestone with your local guide. Get a short safety briefing, then jump, swim and slide down natural waterslides. Buffet lunch, rum drinks, safety equipment, and round-trip transportation from the cruise terminal are included.
- Discover the secluded Damajagua Waterfalls on this full-day shore excursion
- Explore Damajagua's 27 pristine falls cascading over limestone with your local guide
- Jump, swim, and slide down natural waterslides
- Buffet lunch, rum drinks, safety equipment, and round-trip transportation from the cruise terminal are included
Saved to wishlist!
Port pickup and drop-off. Meeting point map provided with booking confirmation.
Buffet lunch including local rum drinks
Use of helmet and life jacket
Alcoholic drinks apart from rum with lunch (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
A map and meeting point pickup details will be provided with our confirmation. Please disembark as quickly as possible and be at the pickup location not more than 45 minutes after your ship docks.
We will also be picking up from the new port Taino Bay Puerto Plata when it opens winter 2020.
- Amber Cove Cruise Port
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods.
10/12/2021 - 10/31/2022
|Monday - Sunday:||06:00 AM - 06:00 PM|
Midway 12 Falls of Damajagua
1/1/2017 - 10/31/2022
|Monday - Sunday:||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
Full 27 Falls of Damajagua
1/1/2017 - 12/31/2021
|Monday - Sunday:||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- If you are in moderate physical shape choose the Midway 12 Falls since that is what most people can manage.
- The length of time your ship is docked and your physical fitness level determine whether you can go all the way to the top of the mountain. If you want to do the full 27 you must be in very good physical condition to hustle up to the top of the mountain. Your ship must be in port at least 7 hours to book this tour. Children must be 12+ years old to do the Full 27 Falls.
- Minimum age 8. Children 8-17 must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- It is recommended that you wear an old pair of running shoes, swimwear and a towel. We recommend women wear shorts over their bathing suits.
- Not recommended for participants with back, neck or knee problems
- A moderate amount of hiking is involved for the Midway 12 Falls
- A significant amount of hiking is involved for the Full 27 Waterfalls
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities and not possible for wheelchair users
- This tour is for cruise ship passengers only
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Iguana Mama Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Amber Cove Shore Excursion: 27 Waterfalls of Damajagua / Cruise Ship Passengers?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Amber Cove Shore Excursion: 27 Waterfalls of Damajagua / Cruise Ship Passengers?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Amber Cove Shore Excursion: 27 Waterfalls of Damajagua / Cruise Ship Passengers?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Amber Cove Shore Excursion: 27 Waterfalls of Damajagua / Cruise Ship Passengers?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "If you plan on this event, seriously WALK now and get yourself ready." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Amber Cove Shore Excursion: 27 Waterfalls of Damajagua / Cruise Ship Passengers
5 hours 30 minutes
5 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursPorts of Call ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsTours & SightseeingPuerto PlataShore Excursions - SamanáBus Tours - SamanáPorts of Call Tours - SamanáHalf-day Tours - SamanáShore Excursions - Santo DomingoBus Tours - Santo DomingoPorts of Call Tours - Santo DomingoHalf-day Tours - Santo DomingoShore Excursions - La RomanaBus Tours - La RomanaPorts of Call Tours - La RomanaHalf-day Tours - La RomanaCategory
Monte Cristi National ParkPunta RusiaCayo Paraiso (Paradise Island)Monument of Santiago (Monumento a los Héroes de la Restauración)Jimenoa Falls (Salto de Jimenoa)Sosua Beach (Playa Sosua)Encuentro Beach (Playa Encuentro)Yaque del Norte RiverLa IsabelaDorada Beach (Playa Dorada)Brugal Rum CenterKey ParadiseLa Aurora Cigar Factory