Explore our promoted experiences
- Day or evening trip to Chacahua Lagoons National Park
- Sail across the five lagoons of the park and into mangrove forests
- Visit Chacahua village, Corral island, and a bird sanctuary
- Learn all about the area of La Costa Oaxaqueña and its history
- Enjoy a lagoon swim, a beach campfire, and the sunset at the Chacahua lighthouse (night trip)
- Round-trip hotel transport from Puerto Escondido included
Departure & Return
What To Expect
After morning pickup, travel north and arrive at the Rio Grande cattle-raising village. Here, taste delicious beef tacos or goat barbecue (breakfast not included). Continue to the village of Zapotalito, where you’ll board a boat and cruise along the five lagoons that make up the Chacahua Lagoons National Park.
Learn about each of the lagoons, journey into mangroves, and see a bird sanctuary. Head to Corral island and arrive at the village of Chacahua. During your time here, swim in a natural pool, visit a crocodile farm, and enjoy a delicious dish of shrimp or fish (additional cost). Gain insight into Afromestizo culture along the way. You’ll be dropped off back in Puerto Escondido in the early evening.
After a mid-afternoon pickup, enjoy all the activities described above. In addition, visit the Chacahua lighthouse and snap photos of the sunset. Experience a beach campfire and swim in a bioluminescent lagoon. You'll return to your hotel in the late evening.
Please note: A minimum of four people per booking is required.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Excursiones Turisticas de Valfred S.A de C.V
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff