Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Progreso shore excursion to Uxmal
- Tour the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Uxmal, located on the Yucatan Peninsula
- See evidence of Puuc architecture at the Nunnery Quadrangle, Pyramid of the Magician and Governor's Palace
- Enjoy a box lunch and soft drinks provided aboard the minivan
- Small-group tour limited to 16 people ensures personal attention from your professional guide
Departure & Return
Tour departs from Progreso cruise ship port and returns to original departure point at approximately 2:30pm
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Travel along the Yucatan Peninsula to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Uxmal, an ancient ceremonial center for the Mayan people nestled in the Puuc region.
Purchase your tickets and then follow your guide on a tour through the archaeological park to see the buildings' architecture and distinctive design. See the masks of Chaac, the rain god and visit the Nunnery Quadrangle, featuring friezes of serpents and owls. Hear about the height of this city's population and activity, between AD 600 and 1000.
At the Pyramid of the Soothsayer (Pyramid of the Magician), admire the unusual oval design. Pause before the Governor's Palace to snap photos of the frieze depicting more than a hundred images of Chaac.
At the conclusion of your tour, climb back into your waiting vehicle and enjoy a boxed lunch with refreshments. Arrive back at the Progreso port in the afternoon.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Mayaland Adventures
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Progreso Shore Excursion: Uxmal Day Trip.