Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Half-day Progreso shore excursion to Merida
- Explore Merida's Gran Museo del Mundo Maya and Paseo de Montejo
- Visit the archaeological site of Dzibilchaltun, once a major Mayan city
- Port pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
Tour departs from Progreso cruise ship port. Returns to original departure point at approximately 2:30pm
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Once you arrive in Mérida, set off on a panoramic tour of the city. Admire the colonial churches and mansions in the bustling city center. View the chic, tree-lined avenue Paseo de Montejo, home to many French-style residences built at the turn of the 19th century. Stroll down the peaceful boulevard, admiring the pale buildings that gave the city its nickname 'La Ciudad Blanca' (the White City).
Stop at The Grand Mayan World Museum, where you'll learn about the cultural identity and history of the Yucatecan people by viewing the museum's 750,000 objects. Pause for lunch (own expense) in the museum cafeteria.
Back on board the tour vehicle, travel to the archaeological site of Dzibilchaltun, once a major Mayan city. Visit the Temple of the Seven Dolls to see the seven small figurines excavated there and the impressive stucco decorations.
Your last stop is the 140-foot- (43-meter-) deep Xlacah Cenote, located in the center of the Dzibilchaltun ruins. Once used during sacred Mayan rituals, this pool is now used as a swimming hole. Beat the heat with a dip in the clear, refreshing water before boarding your tour vehicle for a 2:30pm return to the Progreso cruise port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
Your guide ensures your timely return to the Progreso port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 passengers is required.
- Important: availability based on the cruise line itinerary.
- Tour departs from Progreso cruise ship port
- Please wear light, comfortable clothing & walking/hiking shoes. Bring your best camera.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Mayaland Adventures
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Progreso Shore Excursion: Merida City Tour & Dzibilchaltun.
- "It will take 15-20 minutes on the bus and it will drop you off in another tourist market in Progreso, close to the beach." See review