Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Full-day Progreso shore excursion to Chichen Itza
- Skip any wait lines with private entry from Mayaland Resort
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site with an experienced guide
- Discover the Pyramid of Kukulcán, the Great Plaza, and the Ball Court in the pre-Columbian Mayan city
- Enjoy a box lunch and soft drinks provided on your return
- Small-group tour limited to 16 people ensures personal attention
Departure & Return
Pick up at Progreso cruise ship port
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Take advantage of skip-the-line access and private entry to the world-renowned archaeological site, one of the New 7 Wonders of the World. Walk through the site's landmarks and highlights while your guide makes history come alive through their commentary. Imagine what life was like at the height of this Mayan Empire while viewing El Castillo (the Castle), the Pyramid of Kukulcán and the Great Plaza. Learn about the Toltec symbols from the invasion of AD 950 as your guide explains the architectural styles unique to Chichen Itza.
Visit the Great Ball Court, Mesoamerica's largest, as well as the Temple of the Jaguars. See the Nunnery, the Temple of the Warriors and the Akab Dzib, among other important buildings. Enjoy some free time to explore independently before boarding your vehicle for transportation back to the Progreso cruise port. On the return drive, enjoy a box lunch.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Important: availability based on the cruise line itinerary.
- Please wear light, comfortable clothing & walking/hiking shoes. Bring your best camera.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Admission fee into the archaeological site is NOT included, and will be payable upon entrance. This is governed by the local municipality and our Tour providers have no control over this.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Mayaland Adventures
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff